A sub-camp of Neuengamme, this school building was used for medical experiments on jewish children. In one of the experiments, children were purposely infected with live tuberculosis bacilli, and their lymph nodes were removed for study. As the allied armies approached in April 1945, 20 children and 4 guardians were hanged in the basement of this school in a macabre attempt to conceal war crimes.  Link Map